Sunday, October 5, 2014

regrets of an unwilling assassin



Let me start this off by saying:
I'm not licensed to kill
But cold metal felt so good in my warm hands
so natural
so right
But now you're all dead and I see your faces in the mirror

so I'd just like to say

sorry

(and please stop haunting me)

To you:
I'm sorry for shooting you straight through the heart. I didn't know you would be so easy to kill.
Who knew that those three little words could be so fatal?
You were a werewolf and they were my silver bullets,
And now you're just a vacant corpse
Unseeing
Uncaring
The fire kindled between our fingers is nothing but smoldering ashes now
And I never thought I'd miss the feeling of being burned until now,
So if you can hear me,
I'd like to feel the flames again.


To you:
I wasn't thinking when I sent that bullet straight through that pretty head of yours,
And now your lovely (fake) blonde hair is stained scarlet
And my hands are painted with blood.
Your knives were dull and your aim was poor,
But I've never been a particularly brave soul and you've never been a particularly good person,
so when you came at me, what was I supposed to do?
Good thing you that you line your eyes with misery and even better that you dress in shades of death,
It's perfect for you funeral (and for your stupid soft grunge Tumblr page)
But now he's standing at your coffin and I'm standing alone in the the cold
So you win. (like always)



To you:
My fingers trembled when I pulled the trigger.
I just want you to know that.
I didn't want to shatter you into a million pieces, believe me
but when I tried to collect the jagged shards of you in my hands,
you made me bleed
and then I remembered why I killed you in the first place.
I couldn't see it while you were here,
But in death you're transparent 
So forgive me for leaving you on the cement and forgive me for stepping on your remnants
Again
and again
But now you're just pulverized, pathetic, sparkling dust and now I'm finally free
You'll never pierce my skin again



"These violent delights have violent ends"

Oh, how you delighted me.
And oh, how violent was your end.

sorry

6 comments:

  1. "Good thing you that you line your eyes with misery and even better that you dress in shades of death"

    I'm in love with this whole post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a simple "sorry." i love it. This was exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And I never thought I'd miss the feeling of being burned until now,
    So if you can hear me,
    I'd like to feel the flames again."
    Yes yes yes YES YES

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^ 1000% of what she said. I absolutely love that line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so so good. Speechless. in love. etc.

    ReplyDelete